Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A new secret crush song - not yet recorded but here on a low-fi video.

I wrote this song this past winter. (December 09)  The chorus came to me after I slipped on the lawn after the first snow of the season while I was taking the recycling out to the shed.  It took a few hours before the rest of the song came out, but eventually it did.


My friends Krystal and Lori liked it a lot. Krystal asked me to record it and send her the lyrics so she could learn it. So here it is Krystal – the best recording method I’m set up for right now. And here are the lyrics:

Everything’s going good so it seems
It looks like my life is on track finally
I haven’t seen you in almost two weeks
I think I’ve got my balance back

Then what do you do but walk through the door
Of the bar that is rightfully mine
Like my pupils are paperclips and you’re one big magnet
I stare the entire time

I fall over you like I wipe out in winter
So fast and unprepared
How is it that you spin me so dizzy
I’m living my life impaired

If only I had the guts to say something like hi, are you new in town?
I’ve see you in here a few times lately, would you like me to show you around?
But instead I keep my face hidden, under the brim of my hat
And I sink down low so I’m disguised behind my glass

And I fall over you…

You’re cute but it’s not about that, I like the way you walk
You look smart and sophisticated and I love the way you talk
You’re making everyone laugh, but I can’t hear you from across the room
I hold my breath, this will be over soon, but I don’t want it to

Cause I fall over you…

I fall over you…

Speaking of Krystal…

If you like cute and fantastic things made by cute and fantastic people – check out Krystal’s blog:  www.krystalspeck.blogspot.com .  Not only are Krystal and her pieces cute and fantastic, but she had lots of links to other cute and fantastic artists and craftspeople. 

1 comment:

  1. How cute and fantastic are you?! Your blog is so great. It's helping me keep up with the Jonesmith's!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave a comment - I like to know who's reading this stuff! Comments are moderated, so don't waste your time cursing and swearing at me. :)